Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

How do you ring in the new year? With friends of course. Things can get pretty tricky when everyone you know has two or three kids, it requires staying up past 10:00, and Babysitters are non existent ( Stake Youth Dance ).

Solution! Host a family friendly New Years Eve Party. And that is exactly what we did. We had a blast. Or at least I did. I hope our company enjoyed themselves as well. We were pleasantly surprised by how well the kids did. They were so good at entertaining themselves and each other. Everyone snacked on food, played games, watched dare devil stunt men on TV, caught a few football moments, talked non stop, and changed the occasional diaper.

The best part, you didn't feel obligated to stay until 12:00. If a child was spazing out, or an adult was just plain too tired, then off to the comforts of home they went. This may have to be a regular thing at our house.

Our kids made it to the end with their Nintendo DS's stuffed in their faces. I don't think they even realized that is was 2009. Peyton stayed up longer then me, or Alyssa, or anyone else in the family. Oh! to have that kind of energy.

Thanks everyone who came to enjoy the night with us, You were great company.

1 comment:

Dawn Walterscheid said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. We had my brothers and their families over for food and games. The kids fell a sleep about 10:30, all but Ashley and my nephew Duch they were going strong past 12. I am getting so old because it took every thing I had to stay up past 9. I am proud to say that I did make it to 12 but I was in bed by 12:05 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!