Saturday, December 6, 2008

The leaning Tower of pumpkin


The fall season really is over ( sigh..) But standing tall and proud in my dining room, remains the leaning tower of pumpkin.
Adding additional clutter to my home is just wrong. I can hardly de-clutter what I already have. But for some unknown reason I could not bring myself to throw away all of Camden's empty formula cans. In the back of my mind I have some amazing craft idea just waiting to be used, and yes it will require formula cans.
As you can see, the cans have got good use. There have been many structures created by my children using these lightweight building blocks, from forts to battleships. However, the last 4 weeks have found this nearly 8 foot tall tower looming in the dining room. It has not fallen over, despite its crooked nature. It really is a marvel. The children named it "The leaning Tower of Pumpkin." I don't have the heart to take it down. It is my last reminder of fall and I am holding on with all my strength. Eventually I will have to face reality and note that the tower no longer fits in with the fully Christmas decorated living room and dining table. One more day couldn't hurt!

5 comments:

Heather said...

LOL!
That's a perfect Bui moment, you know that? I love it!

What if you spiraled some garland around it? Maybe hang a few red glass balls? Who needs a tree? =D

Of course the kids would then need to think up a new name for it.

I want to visit your house! Yuu have all the fun!

Krista said...

weeeellll ... if could hurt if it tumbled over on someone. But that's just pessimistic thinking.

runningfan said...

I am saving formula cans, too. Slap on some cute paper and you've got perfect treat containers or birthday boxes! My pile is in the garage...

runningfan said...

Oh, P.S. Thanks for the cute Christmas card. It's our first, and I'm thrilled it's from Oregon!

Dawn Walterscheid said...

Ok I know what you can do with your cans. First you Mod Podge them with leftover paper or old magazines then you can store hair things in them or crayons, markers, legos, just about any thing. Or you could paint them and use them as planters. Or cute cookie jars. I have one over my washer that I put the change that I fine from the wash. Or drums for the scouts.