Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The week before Christmas

'Twas the week before Christmas, and all through the house
Every creature was stirring, because school was out.
The stockings were hung by the chimney all neat,
In hopes that they soon would be filled with a treat



With mom in her footsies




And some cold arctic wind




We all settled in for three weeks with the kids.

When out on the road there arose such a clatter
It was all the cold cars starting up with a sputter




I zoomed to go plug in the car with no fear.
But wait, this is Oregon, they don’t do that here.

The fluff on the lawn, the house and the trees,
Swirled into my nose as it flew with the breeze.
When What to my wondering eyes should appear
But a white covered tramp, and three kids in snow gear




They played the day through in the neighborhood court.
Went sledding, threw snowballs, and built a big fort.




And I heard them exclaim, as they came in for the night.
Tomorrow let’s have an even bigger snow fight!



( I just realized that Camden kind of looks like Winnie the Pooh )


8 comments:

Krista said...

You are so talented, Nancy. I wish I could write poems like you do. So much fun!

The Hadley Family said...

This is SO cute! I love reading the things you write. I hope today is even more fun for your kids. It's really starting to build up out there.:)

jamie t. said...

Your blog is too cute! I love the footsie PJ's

Sally said...

You are awesome! Glad your kids are enjoying winter so much.

Heather said...

Great fun, thanks Nancy!
Oh, and the footsies are très chic.
I'm totally jealous.

EmHy said...

Where can I get me some of those footsies. How about that poem? How do you find the time? That is awsome.

runningfan said...

Glad you're enjoying the weather!

The Bui's said...

thanks for the commet but noooooooooooo one can make me do school work so haaaaaaaa little miss i can get me to do anything